Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Economic Reason There's Ladies Night and Not Men's Night

I shall explain this a briefly, though this is an excellent write up about the epitome of ladies night.

Every bar's business model is based on getting women into their establishment.  The reason is simple - men will buy drinks for both men and women.  Women won't even buy drinks for themselves.  In other words women themselves aren't really ever viewed as customers as much as they are in fact marketing.

Sadly this means most night clubs are really nothing more than "more polite" strip clubs designed to extract money from men.

YOu guys really do have a choice.  You can just refuse to go to night clubs.  Not saying you won't hook up. Not saying you won't get a phone number.  But for the time, effort and money you have to expend to do well at a night club, there are plenty of places where you'd do much better.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going to bars and clubs is WELL WORTH IT when your travelling or on holiday in South America or Eastern Europe someplace where the drink prices are much cheaper and the quality of the women (both in looks and their openness to flirtation) is substantially higher.

But your right Cap'n. It's just not worth it in the U S of A.

Anonymous said...

If a man wants to find a woman. He is better off taking a night class at his local community college. He'll have his pick of women of all ages.

Paul, Dammit! said...

The older I get, the more I prefer my bars to have all male patrons who are mostly older than me. Makes for a much more enjoyable night, with far better conversation.

...and there's the rub. 15 years ago, I wasn't going to bars for relaxation and conversation.

Anonymous said...

why isn't prostitution legal???

seems like a much more honest arrangement!

_signed Hypergamous Mysogynistic Nice Guy with a welly welly small penis (tm)

Anonymous said...

women want equality only if their own man makes more than they do? maybe. sometimes. not always.

result of equality or just more equality =

divorce. unmarriageable men on the low side. unmarriageable women on the high side.

i let women buy me drinks.

really.

a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away i sat next to a self made rich lady. she got me soused, and talked about how much i'd like her assistant and how handsome i was. then i told her my parents were picking me up at the airport. end of story. and i lost her business card.

THIS REALLY HAPPENED!

waepnedmann said...

If you are looking for a stallion you don't hang out at the donkey corral.

Take The Red Pill said...

When I was in my late 20's I foolishly went to a "Ladies Night" at a bar ONCE, just to experience it. Found out that it's just like the worst of being in high school again, besides being a total waste of money and time.
I learn from my mistakes, though -- NEVER repeated it.