Monday, December 31, 2012

Married for 61 Years

Let me tell you about a local jazz musician and his parents.  Aaron Keith Stewart.

Aaron is a local jazz vocalist in town.  If you like jazz, then you'll like Aaron's singing.  However, I could not pass this up as he posted this on his facebook page.  And when I say, "posted this on his facebook page" i do not want you to roll your eyes and dismiss, but rather look and appreciate.  His parents just recently celebrated their 61 wedding anniversary.  That shit doesn't happen frequently.






















He also posted a picture of his old man back in Kansas City when his dad was one of the first black police officers in town.  And I want you to look at this picture and tell me pride and handsomeness just isn't oozing from this picture.























There is no moral story or economic lesson.  I'm merely just posting this up here because it's pretty damn cool and you wouldn't see this unless we all started posting it.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just stopped by to wish you and all a happy new year!

daniel_ream said...

"There is no moral story or economic lesson."

I beg to differ. Positive role models are absolutely a moral story.

Anonymous said...

Two thumbs up!

heresolong said...

Very special. My parents will be celebrating their 50th next year. I remember my grandparent's 55th. It seems like it used to happen more frequently, doesn't it?

Faust said...

Congrats to them.

I turn 29 this week, and I'm trying to figure out if I should ever get married. Leaning pretty damn hard towards "No." But it's depressing to think that I'll never be sitting at my 61st wedding anniversary like they are in that picture. I bet it's a great feeling.

Anonymous said...

Epicness.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Awesome. 'Nuff said. :)

Jane the Grad Student said...

What an inspiration. Hubby and I are closing in on our first anniversary, and since we started late, are not likely ever to see 61 years of marriage. But however many years are granted to us, we plan to spend together. We're taking our inspiration from the great marriages of the past.

Anonymous said...

yep-- well done & a
much needed role model too