Thursday, September 09, 2010

Why Elk River Has High Property Taxes

A story that has been circling the Twin Cities is this "hazing" incident at a local town called Elk River. And true to form the traditional main stream media misses the real story and focuses on something that is largely irrelevant - the hazing.

What they should have focused on, and should at least be in the "Elk River Gazette" or what have you, should be the fact that there was SIX FOOTBALL COACHES for ONE HIGH SCHOOL.

Being intellectually honest, I knew that there was a chance that somehow maybe these were volunteer positions and before I got all angry, I would confirm to see if they are paid.

Well, turns out they are.

All SIX positions are PAID positions.

Now, being honest, the HR director did inform me these salaries were in part subsidized by "booster club" revenues. However, that does not answer the question why you need SIX coaches for ONE FOOTBALL PROGRAM at ONE HIGH SCHOOL, let alone why they're even paid positions at all.

In any case enjoy the sphere throwing while you also enjoy the decline.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eat their hearts out, Mozart.

Anonymous said...

My moms side is from the Elk River-Otsego area, I used to go to that Catholic school in St Michael. I am glad my family fled north to Stearns Co. Doug Casey has a great word for some of these tax-jackers, "Boobus Americanus".