Wednesday, October 01, 2008

When America Was

Permit me a short story.

I bought 2 tickets to see Victor Borge when I was in college. And because most American women my age (not to mention, most American men) were uncultured naives, I could not find a date to see this musical and comical genius.

I ended up taking a friend of mine to see Victor Borge so as not to let the ticket go to waste. Regardless, though he is dead, Victor Borge and his comedy got me through some of the toughest (arguably the toughest) times in my life. And I think, there's a lot of people out there who could do with a good healthy dose of Victor Borge to get through the piss poor times that we face today;

Here's a healthy dose.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Funny man, I saw a hour long special with him once, I was in pain by the end.

Almost as good was him and Ustinov just hanging out together and joking for the camera.

Anonymous said...

I would have gone with you to see Victor Borge.

Alfred T. Mahan said...

Not only did I see him on Confiscatory Mandatory Public Television, but I also have him on tape with the Muppets. Very funny fellow.