Thursday, March 06, 2008

The Captain Tenders a Question

So I finish my dance class in Minneapolis. And I have to drive through the town of St. Louis Park, which has a heavy Jewish population. And I hadn't eaten since 2PM and a good ole fashioned, Jewish deli sandwich sounded heavenly. But it's about 930 at night and I wouldn't mind having a drink.

And then it occurs to me.

They have Irish bars.

They have German bars.

They even have Italian bistros.

But I've never heard of a Jewish bar.

And the more I drove through St. Louis Park, and the more I realized I would literally have killed for a good rye sandwich with a tall beer next to it, the more I started asking myself;

"Why isn't there such a thing as a "Jewish Bar?" I think the idea would be amazing.

I am only Jewish via bloodlines, but can somebody who is a practicing Jew explain to me why there isn't a Jewish bar??? Seriously, I think it's a million dollar idea.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There used to be the Lincoln Dell in SLP at #394 & #100. It went out of business, which was a shame, because the food was excellent!! You could get a drink as well! It would be great if another restaurant like that was brought back to the area. You always lament about not finding nice chicks, so why not open one yourself and draw them in?! :)

Anonymous said...

Captain,

While I am not jewish, the company I work for is owned by safardic jews and most of my coworkers are jewish. Jewish bars and clubs do indeed exist. There are several on northern Miami Beach and a buddy shoed me pictures partying like a Rock Star in Tel Aviv (FYI - Israeli women are gorgeous!)

Probably a good business opportunity for you in the Twin Cities!

Anonymous said...

hmmm...If I had to guess why there are no Jew bars it would be because: 1) Alcohol makes you drunk; 2) Being drunk makes you act goofy and lose your ability to think clearly (think about the time you woke up next to that porker); 3) Not being able to think clearly results in lower productivity and an overall limitation upon being able to get things accomplished. Considering Jews are some of the most productive and hard working people around, it becomes more easy to understand why alcohol has not become popular within their culture. At least that is how it appears to me. Try it out. Dumber ideas have been attempted, that's for sure.

Anonymous said...

Because Jews come from many countries, and thus have many different types of food preferences and tastes. A German or Eastern European bar would be fairly close to what is stereotypically Jewish.

Johnny Roosh said...

Probably because in St Louis Park they own:

The Irish bars.

The German bars.

The Italian bistros.

and also never heard of a Jewish bar.

They also own the

Car Wash

Jewelry Store

Grocery Store

Gas Station

Anonymous said...

Wow - did a google on "Jewish bars" and this link came up #3 from the top.

I have no idea, but I suspect you wouldn't want to call it "Bar Mitzvah"

Maybe Pamela Geller at Atlas Shrugs http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/ can help with an answer.